Adrien and Jill (Waterbury, CT)
Alyssa (North Branford, CT)
Sheryl (Norwalk, CT)
Mike and Andrea (Easton, CT)
Janet (Fairfield, CT)
Dave (Naugatuck, CT)
Susan (Wallingford, CT)
Learn more about Connecticut Boating Certificates Boat Licensing Course
How do I GET A BOAT LICENSE?
About the Boater Exam and all the Jargon...
In order to get a Boat License, you need to pass the Boater Exam.
You do that by taking a Boating Education Course…seems logical enough.
Getting a Boat License
- To GET A BOAT LICENSE in 2019 is done by taking a one day Boaters class.
- The boat license first consisted of simply a Safe Boating Certificate or a Boat Safety Certificate as some call it. Both are the same.
- Then the Certificate of Personal Watercraft Operation (PWC Boating) was added to the Safe Boating Certificate Course.
- In October of 2015 a new mandate came about stating that all boaters must also have an Endorsement of Safe Waterskiing to legally tow any inflatable or skier.
- Since 2016 the 1-Day class is three pronged and includes the Safe Boating Certificate materials, the Certificate of Personal Watercraft Operation materials, as well at the most recent Safe Waterskiing Endorsement materials.
The Boaters Exam & Test
- The BOATERS EXAM or BOATING TEST as some call it, is the final exam for the Boating Education Course.
- All Boaters must pass the Boaters exam in order to get a Boaters License.
- You have to attend a boating education course to take this exam.
- The Boating Test is not offered online in Connecticut nor can the Boaters Exam and or the Boating Test be taken as a stand alone.
- The only way to take the Boaters Exam in Connecticut is by attending the 1-Day Boating Course.
- Safe boating is the Goal here and you’ll benefit from any education.
The Boating Education Course
- The BOATING EDUCATION COURSE or BOAT COURSE as some call, it is an 8-hour 1-Day Course as mandated by the State of Connecticut.
- It is offered by Federally and State Licensed providers and is really geared towards Safe Boating.
- If you see someone offering a Boater Exam or a Get a Boat License or PWC Boating online in Connecticut, it is a fraud.
- They will take your money and you’ll have to pay for another Boating Education Course by a licensed provider, so BE CAREFUL! CONNECTICUT BOATING CERTIFICATES LLC is Federally and State Licensed to offer this 1-Day course.
- We are proud to serve you and want to help you get your BOAT LICENSE!
Have an Existing Safe Boating Certificate
- Any one that has their SAFE BOATING CERTIFICATE or their combined SAFE BOATING CERTIFICATE & CERTIFICATE OF PERSONAL WATERCRAFT OPERATION before October 1st, 2015, does not have to retake the course for the Safe Waterskiing Endorsement, you are grandfathered in.
- Anyone who has just a Safe Boating Certificate has two options,
2. Take the Upgrade class in Hartford which is solely focused on just the Certificate of Personal Watercraft.