Connecticut Boating Certificates LLC
Rated the #1 Boaters Class in Connecticut
Sign ME Up!
Sign Up Today
Official Connecticut Boating Certificate Course
How do I Get A Boat License?
Signing up for a Connecticut Boating Certificates LLC Boat Licensing course is simple with our EZ sign-up system!
Obtain your free Conservation ID number through the D.E.E.P. website.
Attend our Safe Boating Personal Watercraft Operation & Safe Waterskiing 1-day course.
Getting Certified is Easy!
Getting your Official Connecticut Boating Certificate is simple with our Boating Education Course. Read on to learn more about the steps to take to become a master of the seas!
Pass the Boaters Exam & Test
- The final Boating Education Course exam is a multiple-choice test.
- All boaters must obtain the Connecticut Boaters Certificate by passing the Connecticut boaters exam.
- Boating education courses are required in order to take the exam in Connecticut.
- If you do not pass the boaters exam, you can try again with us.
- Our main goal is to give you the tools and knowledge to always practice safe boating!
Getting a Boat Certificate
- Take a 1-day boater class. Passing the exam is all you need to do to earn a Connecticut Boating Certificate.
- Keep in mind that the Safe Boating Certificate can also be referred to as Boat Safety Certificate.
- In 1996, the Certificate of Personal Watercraft Operation (PWC Boating) was added to the Safe Boating Certificate course.
- In October of 2015, Emily’s Law was enacted, requiring that all boaters also obtain a Water Ski Towing Endorsement. It was consequently added to Connecticut’s boat certification program.
- Since 2016, the 1-day boater class has consisted of three parts: the SBC, the CPWO, and the SWE materials.
About Our Boat Course
- The Connecticut Boating Course is an 8-hour-long 1-day course mandated by the State of Connecticut.
- The course is geared toward safe boating practices and is only offered by Federal and State licensed providers.
- At Connecticut Boating Certificates LLC, we are Federally and State licensed to offer this 1-day course.
- We are on a mission to provide you with the best materials and practices to help you obtain your boat certificate!
For Existing Safe Boating Certificates
- If you completed your certification course before October 1st, 2015, you are grandfathered in for the Safe Water Skiing Endorsement.
- If you only have a Safe Boating Certificate, you can either:
- Retake the course. The new lessons include Waverunners and Jet Skis, as well as the Safe Waterskiing Endorsement.
- Take the Upgrade Class in Hartford. (Check with the DEEP for availability)
Freshly Caught Industry News
Our Nautical Blog
January 29, 2024
Connecticut Coastal Boater Endorsement
The Connecticut Coastal Boater Endorsement is a class offered by Connecticut Boating Certificates LLC covering basic navigation skills. The materials meet the criteria of the Connecticut Coastal Boater Endorsement standardized by our state. Many people refer to this class as...
December 22, 2022
NASBLA 2022 Accomplishments
October 26, 2022
Clean Drain and Dry
Let's Set Sail